Thursday, August 2, 2018

A Panorama of Panama/A Choice in Change

On my way back to Uruguay, I had a 24-hour layover in Panama City. I took the opportunity to check out some of the streets and, of course, witness the Panama Canal at work! 

Something that I marveled at was the incredibly high cost for ships to traverse through the canal. When you factor in the only other alternative, however (going all the way around the bottom of South America through treacherous waters), the time and money it takes to go through the canal seems minuscule. 

It's a toll well worth paying...a sacrifice well worth making! 

As I contemplate this new season of life where I commit to a longer period of time in a place that's not my original home (and accept all the challenges that come with that), I'm confident that the effort is worth it. Sure, there are things that I've chosen to give up, but I've also embraced what I gain! When I think of the alternatives, I am comforted by the Lord that what I'm doing and with whom I'm doing it is the right fit. He's been giving me this peace amidst the unknown and unorthodox. There's plenty that's happening that's not how I would have planned it or imagined it, but I am choosing to trust God in the change while I remain raw and honest with Him. I find myself echoing the plea to Jesus of a desperate father of an afflicted son, "I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24).












Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge
 The Canal





No comments:

Post a Comment