Friday, October 17, 2014

October 17: Time To Be Tourists


As part of my Intercultural Studies internship with Grace College, there is a list of cultural experiences I am to complete on my semester-long trip. These include things like going to a history museum, an art museum, a government building, a worship center of another religion, etc., in order to give me a better understanding of the culture I am living in. I took the opportunity to check out downtown Montevideo with my multi-national group of friends (Germany, Guatemala and U.S. represented) from the children’s program. Here are some pictures from our afternoon.




Catedral Metropolitana de Montevideo  





 Plaza Independencia

Puerta de la Ciudadela (Gateway of the Citadel)
José Artigas, national hero and founding father of Uruguay

The remains/memorial of Artigas under his statue


Palacio Salvo
Torre Ejecutiva (Executive Tower) where the president works


 Museo Torres García de Arte


My interpretation: So much reading, so little time. Title: "My Life"













No comments:

Post a Comment