Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 18: Heart Check

Many of you have heard about and prayed about the chest pains that I started having on Saturday afternoon. Thank you so much! It means a ton that so many people in different places on the globe are all asking for God’s healing for me.

I was in Paysandú, a 5-hour bus ride from Montevideo, visiting the parents (José and María) of Alba who helped me learn some culture and language while I was still in Wooster. The chest pains got bad enough on Sunday that I decided it was better to be safe than sorry. After my first doctor’s visit (thank you María) I started getting extreme fatigue, fever, sore throat and headache. The bus ride back was pretty rough painwise, so when I got back to Montevideo at about 10:30 Sunday night, I was met by Sonia, Jonathan and Pastor John who saw that I got checked out again. The consensus seems to be that it is an infection or inflammation of the lining of the heart (pericardial/heart sac) probably brought on by a virus. Apparently, I just need to take ibuprofen to try to take the swelling down and rest…and God-willing I will be ready to roll and enjoy the last few weeks here in Uruguay.

I can’t say enough about how rapidly prayer for me spread among the body of Christ in the States and Uruguay! I have been treated like family through it, many people sacrificing their time and energy for me. Today, I am still feeling all of the symptoms, but to a lesser extent!

Despite all this, I did have a wonderful time in Paysandú. I enjoyed great conversation, swimming pool, asado and mate! (If you don’t know what the last two are, Google them and then come here and try them).

Nathan Harley

And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.

1 John 5:14-15 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment