Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September 3: Getting in the Groove

It’s been just over two weeks here in Uruguay. My schedule is starting to be more consistent and I am becoming more comfortable with the city, the language, and the people that I interact with. I have a long way to go but I am seeing God’s hand everywhere!

My time is split between two churches. I help with the children’s project at Andrés’ church called "Atreverte a Soñar" (Dare to Dream) each afternoon except Thursday from 1 to 5. The leader of the ministry is German but was born here, so she is fluent in German and Spanish, but speaks no English. The other two helpers are short-termers my age from Germany and speak English well, but limited Spanish. It has been interesting and entertaining interacting with each other and with the kids for this reason! I have been helping the kids with their homework, teaching them some piano and playing with them (I brought them an American football and have been teaching them how to throw it).

On Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings I am at Christ Church (Pastor John’s church) leading worship and helping with older youth. This church is made up of people from all over the world; everyone speaks English, so the Sunday morning service is in English. The dinner/meeting on Wednesday nights is in Spanish, however, as most of the people also speak Spanish. I led worship last Sunday and then Wednesday in Spanish! I’ll be doing that nearly every week working with different musicians to enhance the worship aspect of the services!

Thank you for your prayers! Please continue! Thank God for growing me and performing His works in this nation. Pray, as always, that I improve much more in the language and that I continue to depend completely on Him.

Nathan Harley

“Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.”

Philemon 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment